Friday 11 October 2013

Winter Warmers

Well its me again. Hope you have all had a good day !

Today has been long to say the least, maybe because it is a Friday but its dragged. I definitely didn't have the Friday feeling this morning, more like the 'If I stay in bed do you reckon the world will just forget about me' feeling but i somehow managed to roll out of bed, make myself look okish for the rest of humanities sake and get to college just as the bell went. I felt **** to say the least but if i can't understand college when i'm there, I have no hope learning at home. But the whole day I all I was thinking was 'I look disgusting'.

Girls always have this problem, the days where you just don't look good...at all. My hair was bad, my makeup wasn't having the desired effect and I felt fat. Not nice at all ! I always try to make an effort for college, wearing little dresses with tights and my shinny black shoes, red lipstick and pretty jewelry, but today was a leggings day. Now all you girls reading this should know that I'm new to the leggings craze, as I used to hate them...with a passion. Everyone who was wearing them used to be able to pull them off, but whenever I put them on all I could see were two black tree trunks. Don't get me started on the patterned ones...just no. Length is always an issue as well as they all seem to finish some where in between my knees and ankles making me look like a giant 4 year old. So when mum came home with three pairs she had managed to find in our local supermarket I was understandably unenthusiastic. However, putting them on, it was almost like an epiphany. Angels began to sing, the sun shone brightly and Kurt Cobain was looking down on me.

Well not really but THEY FIT ! I swear lads if you are reading this you are missing out here because comfy is an understatement. So since then I have been a changed girl...apart from the VPL because I still think that's grim. So they have become my best friend but also my weakness as I no longer can be bothered to make the effort in the morning and paired with an over sized jumper, i feel like I'm being hugged all day. They are now an essential in any girls wardrobe and a fashion'must have' for the winter.

So I'm a big fan of my bargains when I'm shopping and when I'm diving in among the sale racks I'm in my element. But one problem I do always find is that a lot of the stuff I like are in sizes too big for me. Jumpers however are completely different. If you pair and over sized jumper with leggings, you look super cute, cosy and more importantly comfy. Even paired with a statement necklace of a pattern scarf, you can take a dull pair of leggings and a jumper that's too big for you ( but a huge bargain) into an everyday, casual outfit.

A lot of you may already be doing this but here's some of my winter tips for jazzing up your jumpers

1) Pick a range of different colours and be brave. Patterned jumpers can look super cute but bright, bold, block colours can look really fashionable when worn with confidence,

2) The sale rack will be you're best friend when trying to create this look. Not only will you be grabbing a bargain, but it also means that as Christmas approaches, you will have extra spare cash to spend on presents... or in my case food. Even charity shops can be really good for finding something different, cheap and even vintage as well as helping a good cause.

3)Statement necklaces and scarfs can transform the outfit completely, making a casual garment into a fashionable outfit. Big, bulky necklaces look really good with this or even just a cute scarf tossed around your neck can add more interest to the outfit.

4) You can buy studs, sequins and many more alternatives on your local high street and these can really jazz up an old plain jumper, making it into something new and original. No one else will have that exact same jumper and I feel you can put you're own stamp on the look, letting your true style shine through. My favorite are studs as they are in fashion at the minute and are so easy to apply at home.

So I know its nothing new and a lot of people already do this but this is something I personally am new at. So there's my little tips on being comfy and still looking fashionable.

Post any images or you're latest bargain news bellow so I can see what you lot like and how you spice up the look.

Remember... Keep Smiling !

Niamh




No comments:

Post a Comment