Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas

Hey guys!

I am so sorry that I haven't blogged in what seems like forever. There is good reason behind it all though I promise!

Basically, I have been moving house which has been so stressful. Even at this minute I am still emptying boxes whilst trying to write this post. College has been so busy with mocks coming up after Christmas and my product design work  has literally took over my life so that's had to take priority which makes me sad. And then Christmas came sneakily and any spare time I have had has been used to make sure that this year, me, my mum and Hannah have an amazing Christmas in our new house. To top that all off, my laptops space button fell off so I'm currently having to type this post out by using a hair grip to put in each space...not fun but you're worth it!

Christmas!
Enough of the negatives. It's Christmas Eve! I'm ridiculously excited for tomorrow and haven't take of my Christmas tree headband since I woke up at 7.Yes I am just that cool. I don't know about you lot but once I had watched Elf, my most favourite Christmas film of all time, I couldn't stop! Christmas tunes have been blasting from my room since the beginning of December so I bet my neighbours are a little bit annoyed but oh well. I still have so much wrapping to do though and for those of you who haven't been unfortunate enough to receive a present from me, whats inside is normally good but the wrapping is poor. Maybe it's a good thing that I am too tall to be an elf because  I think I would have been sacked by now if wrapping was in the job description. I was quite clever this year though and as well as getting everyone in my college friendship group a little something, I made them all a CD with albums of their choice on that I had already brought, including Bastille, Arctic Monkeys and even One Direction (don't hate on me, they are my guilty pleasure). But I didn't have any CD wallets from when we moved which sucked and I had a little stress in my room as to what to put them in. Being a media student however, and just a teenage girl in general, the amount of fashion magazines I had lying around my room was ridiculous. I remembered watching a brilliant room decor video on You Tube a few weeks ago which I will link at the bottom of the post on how to make these origami cranes that hang from your ceiling and I fell in love. The girl used magazine paper to make them with and it looked so colourful and  pretty so it inspired me to make the wallets out of magazine paper. They took ages but looked adorable ! Everyone had a different one and they looked dead posh. As I already had a huge stack of blank discs and the music already downloaded, they worked out really inexpensive.

Another trick I decided to do was buy ASDA's own candles which I think cost £1 and PVA glue all around the base of them to about a quarter of the way up. I was given loads of glitter at the clothes show by Minx nails which I highly suggest  you check out because their nail polishes are so pretty and quite cheap, but I had literally a lifetimes worth and just wasn't going to use it. So i rolled the candles in the glitter and TA DA ! Pretty candles for all the family which was again really inexpensive but looked so festive and cute. Two of them together tied together with some tartan ribbon or even normal string looked perfect and even though they were cheap, they smelled really good.

So I guess that's it from me for now. You best all be wearing your Christmas jumpers because I walked round college on Friday with a huge Penguin on mine. I think I may start a You Tube channel in the new year possibly which is extremely exciting and a lot of my emailers have been asking me to start one. If anything, they will just be general advice videos, music covers and beauty halls/tutorials if I feel brave enough. Firstly, I need a new laptop which may take a while to save  up for and I may even splash out on a nice camera, who knows? But for now, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and remember that I always try  to reply to your emails when i get them and even over the festive period, I always make time for you!

Don't get to drunk and eat loads ! 

Keep smiling

Niamh x

Here's that link for the crane mobile. She is a great You Tuber so give her a subscribe guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment